The holidays can be both a stressful and rewarding season for business owners. Although it is just August, now is the perfect time to evaluate your business for holiday sales, especially if you are an online retailer. Here are a few things to consider as you gear up for the holiday season.
- Start now! There are just a few months between now and the holiday season. Don’t let this important season sneak up on you!
- Survey your online store. Make sure it is merchandised for the holidays. Include items for gift giving, parties and other holiday related events and occasions.
- Keep an up-to-date list of holiday-related events, festivals or shows you participate in.
- Plan holiday promotions and email campaigns now.
- Anticipate and address any issues with inventory you may have.
- Make sure your shipping policies are accurate and provide options for rush shipping as well as cut-off dates to receive merchandise in time for the holidays.
- Clean up your email list and make sure you continue to capture emails and customer contact information.